Let me share with you a few things I learned about dry brushing:
Benefits of Dry Brushing
- Removes dead layers of skin and other outer impurities.
- Stimulates and increases blood circulation.
- Helps release fatty deposits under your skin’s surface.
- Assists the eliminative capacity of your body’s organs.
- Rejuvenates your cells.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Increases muscle tone.
- Improves skin texture.
- Helps prevent premature ageing.
How To Dry Brush:
(buy generic propecia online canada)
- Begin with your feet and brush vigorously in circular motions.
- Continue brushing up your legs.
- Proceed to your hands and arms.
- Brush your entire back and abdomen area, shoulders and neck.
- Use circular counter-clockwise strokes on the abdomen.
- Use light pressure on the breasts and any other sensitive areas.
- Brush upwards on the back and down from the neck. Better yet, have a friend, spouse or family member brush your back.
- You will need a brush with soft natural bristles for dry brushing. Do not use synthetic bristles. Buy one that has a longer handle so it’ll be easier to reach your back and sides.
- Make sure that the dry brushing is done softly in the initial stages so that soreness is avoided.
- Application of a little more pressure can be done as your skin gets used to dry brushing.
- Your skin and brush should be dry. Shower after skin brushing to remove exfoliated skin.
- Do not do any dry brushing over cuts, wounds or rashes.
- Begin by brushing the outermost parts of your body (hands and feet) towards the center of your body.
- Pass the brush once over your body, except the face.
- The brush strokes should move towards your heart. This improvement in blood circulation is why so many people feel extremely refreshed after an energetic session of dry brushing.
- It is only when you are dry brushing your stomach that you are going to apply clockwise brushing movements.
- Slight flushing of the skin is normal, due to increased circulation. The skin should not be red or irritated, if it is you’re using too much pressure.
- The entire process should only take one to two minutes.
- Clean the brush meticulously after every brushing session.
- If your skin is extremely dry, rub some oil into it after you have brushed it and showered.