This is a recipe shared to us by one of our good friends. Simple, easy-to-do and a hit whenever we bring these to parties. Anyone can can create this delicious brownies by just following the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a 12 inch baking tin with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl, over simmering water, melt butter and chocolate until smooth.
- Add nuts.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and caster sugar.
- Add to the other mixture and stir together well.
- Beat the eggs and mix until you have a silky consistency.
- Put mixture in the baking tin.
- Place in over for 25 minutes. May vary depending on oven. Test with toothpick to ensure that brownies have been baked through.
(1) He makes sure that the dark chocolate he uses are of good quality. There are cheaper brands of chocolates that taste alright but we always choose brands that we know would deliver the taste we are aiming for even if it means paying more.
(2) He puts the baking tray on the lowest level of the oven to achieve a more moist and chewy texture for the brownies.
(3) He sprinkles icing sugar on top of the brownies.
Happy baking and enjoy the brownies!