Here’s another Korean dish I learned to prepare this week.
What you need to prepare:
2 tbsp Canola Oil (or whatever cooking oil you use at home)
3 cloves Garlic, minced
200 grams Beef Strips
4 cups Beef Broth
4 tbsp Soybean Paste (Doenjang/Korean Soybean Paste)
1 head Napa Cabbage, chopped
100 grams Mushrooms, sliced
Black Pepper (to taste)
2 spring onions, chopped
Chili Flakes/Green Pepper/Red Pepper: to make the dish spicy
Zucchini (sliced): for added nutrition, flavour and colour
A few drops of Sesame Oil: makes it more tasty and fragrant
What you need to do:
1. Saute garlic in oil.
2. Add the beef strips and stir for 5-7 minutes.
3. When beef strips turn light brown, add the beef broth.
4. Add soybean paste and dissolve it with the broth.
5. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Throw in the cabbage and mushrooms. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
7. Add pepper to taste.
8. Turn off the stove, serve in a bowl and add the spring onions on top.
1. Bring beef broth to boil.
2. Once broth is very hot, add soybean paste. Stir until paste is dissolved.
3. Add beef strips and leave for 10-15 minutes.
4. Throw in the cabbage and mushrooms. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
5. Add pepper to taste.
6. Turn off the stove, serve in a bowl and add the spring onions on top.
- You can change your beef ingredient to tofu, chicken or pork.
- Other options for broth is Anchovy Broth or Vegetable Broth.
- The beef strips should be thinly sliced so it will cook easily and will be tender. You can ask the butcher to slice them for you or buy packed beef strips from Asian supermarkets.
- If you don’t have any mushrooms or spring onions at hand, that is fine.
This dish is good for 4-6 people.